VIP used to be available as an app. This page is still here as a memento for a long labour of love which was early on censored by Apple and hence lost relevance. Google never censored the app but it became outdated over the years and was unpublished in Spring 2017.
• VIP puts reliable information at your fingertips, wherever and whenever you need it.
• Whether you want to read about the safety of a certain vaccine or how well vaccines work against a certain disease, VIP may have the answer.
• VIP includes all current UK childhood vaccinations.
• Diseases and Vaccines are conveniently interlinked.
• Historical graphs of official mortality figures are included, created directly from Office of National Statistics raw data.
• All information is based on official data or on studies published in peer-reviewed publications.
• Simply choose the area you are most interested in.
• The “UK Childhood Vaccination Schedule” screen contains an overview of all vaccines currently offered as part of the childhood vaccination programme, with links to the relevant disease and vaccine pages.
• There are several “General Information” pages which include a page for Historical Charts and other useful information.
• The disease pages contain information intended to help parents assess the risk from a disease and the effectiveness of vaccinating against it. They include references to sources at the end of each page.
• Vaccine pages are mainly critical assessments of vaccines efficacy and safety trials based on the available information. Contraindications and side-effects are included as per the package inserts and the package insert itself is included via a link at the end of each screen.
ALL IMAGES ARE TAKEN FROM THE APPLE VERSION OF THE APP AND WILL LOOK SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT ON ANDROID!